Download SDF: Windows Prefetch Forensics Course By Udemy
What you'll learn
- Understand what the Windows Prefetch artifact is
- Be able to explain the artifact
- Know what types of user behavior affects the artifact
- Know how to conduct validation testing
- Understand how to properly interpret Prefetch results
- Know how to use several freely available Prefetch forensic tools
- Windows 8 or 10 system (Windows 10 recommended)
- All in-class forensic programs are freely available and download links provided
- Student testing and validation material provided
Welcome to the Surviving Digital Forensics series. This class is focused on helping you become a better computer forensic examiner by understanding how to use Windows Prefetch data to prove file use and knowledge - all in about one hour.
As with previous SDF classes you will learn by doing. The class begins with Windows prefetch fundamentals and will provide an understanding of how the artifact works. Then students delve into several validation exercises to observe how user driven activity affects Windows prefetch evidence. The last section teaches students how to use several freely available DFIR community built forensic tools to examine prefetch evidence. By the end of the class students will have a solid understanding of how to use the Windows prefetch as evidence, understand the types of user behaviors that affect the prefetch and know how to use Windows prefetch forensic tools.
Expert and novice computer forensic examiners alike will gain from this class. Since we are doing it the SDF way we are going to teach you real computer forensic skills that you can apply using our method or with any forensic tool you choose. Therefore you are not just going to learn about the Windows prefetch but you will learn a method you can use to answer questions that may come up in the future.
A PC running Windows 8 or Windows 10 is required for this course. The forensic tools we use are all freely available, so beyond your laptop and operating system all you need is the desire to become a better computer forensic examiner.Who this course is for:
- Computer forensic analysts
- Security Analyst
- IT Professionals
DOWNLOAD NOW !