- Use semantic tags to better describe your website’s content
- Understand how websites are designed and laid out with various elements
- Get to grips with using the CSS Flexbox
- Build websites with a responsive, mobile-first approach to suit different devices
- Use Emmet and Browser developer tools to develop websites
This beginner HTML and CSS course are ideal for you if you want to begin your web design/development journey or are looking to refresh your skills.
This course will introduce you to common HTML and CSS techniques that will enable you to build an impressive personal website. You’ll get to grips with the core concepts and techniques as you build a personal blog and landing page with a full-page background image.
The project will help you learn common HTML structure and elements such as images, semantic tags, headings, and text elements. You’ll also cover CSS layout, positioning, and styling to make your site look great! Furthermore, the course will introduce you to the responsive design by adopting a mobile-first approach.
By the end of this course, you’ll not only have a stunning personal blog website but also have the confidence and skills to build other types of websites. To top it all, you’ll even be provided with useful reference sheets and resources to develop your skills further.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available at - https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Beginner-HTML-and-CSS-Build-your-own-personal-blog-
- Discover the basic building blocks of web development by learning core HTML and CSS concepts
- Discover modern techniques for layout using the CSS Flexbox
- Build a personal blog to show off your web development skills using HTML and CSS