About This Class
The second part of the course is aimed at advanced students or coders who are interested in the backend. In this part of the course, we will delete the pre-made server and build it again from scratch using Node.js, Express, Redis, and WebSockets.
After you finish the course, you should identify some new features and improvements and then write the code to implement your changes. Here are some ideas to get started:
At the end of the course, beginner students should try to:
- make the chat bubbles appear in different colors for each user in the room.
- play sound effects when sending and receiving messages.
- press enter in the chat box to send messages instead of clicking the send button.
At the end of the course, advanced students should try to:
- enforce unique usernames.
- display a list of active users.
- display a message when a user enters or leaves a room.
- have the ability to view more chat history.