- Learn how D3.js works and set up your development environment and declaratively define visualizations.
- Use SVG and the D3.js APIs to create interactive shapes and charts from scratch.
- See how to prepare data for easy visualization using D3.js.
- Use chart types provided by D3.js to visualize hierarchical data and create different kinds of trees and pack visualizations
- Learn how to work with geographical data to manipulate and enrich maps through D3.js.
- Explore a couple of libraries build on top of D3.js that provide a number of standard charts out of the box.
Do you want to make sense of your data? Do you want to create interactive charts, data trees, and geospatial charts efficiently?
Well then, this course is your ideal choice to learn interactive data visualization with D3.js V4. It includes a number of extensive examples that to help you hone your skills with data visualization. Throughout five sections these examples will help you acquire a clear practical understanding of the various techniques, tools and functionality provided by D3.js. You will first setup your D3.JS development environment and learn the basic patterns needed to visualize your data. After that you will learn techniques to optimize different processes such animating data transitions, creating charts, and much more.
The course will also guide you through creating custom graphs and visualizations, and show you how to go from the raw data to beautiful visualizations. Towards the end of the course, you will learn to add more functionality on top of D3.js by using it with other external libraries and integrating it with ECMAScript 6.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available on Github at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Creating-Data-Visualization-with-D3
Style and Approach
This course has a real-world, case-study approach, where you will be given data sets from different domains. These datasets will have different visualization goals; some might need 2D or 3D charts. While you fulfill these goals, you will learn different techniques and best practices, which will enable you to perform data visualization tasks on your own.
- Take a look at an extensive set of visualizations that explore all the functionality provided by D3.js V4
- With example-rich solutions, hone your skills with data visualization to create complex visualizations
- Quickly set up an easy-to-use environment to create stunning visualizations