- Gain a robust understanding of WebAssembly and its place in the modern web ecosystem so that you can leverage it correctly
- Transform your C++ applications into WebAssembly so that you can deploy them to the web, but with the performance you're used to
- Explore the in's and out's of WebAssembly by working through code so you understand core concepts
- Interact with system libraries, such as graphics and audio frameworks, to seamlessly convert heavy-duty C++ applications into WebAssembly
- Debug and profile C++/WebAssembly code, so that you can easily detect and remove bottlenecks
If you want get ahead of your competitors by working in a language you're comfortable with, one that is designed for speed? WebAssembly is your answer. Starting with first principles; you'll learn is why WebAssembly is so powerful and why C++ is a natural fit. The you'll look at compiling a program for WebAssembly using C++.
This course looking provides code examples, rather than slides so that you can really delve into the depths of WebAssembly. Allowing you to go beyond simple toy examples and learn about how real programs compile to WebAssembly.
You'll find out that not everything works out right the first time, and it's just as important to learn how to debug and profile your programs.
All the supporting codes and files are placed here https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Hands-On-WebAssembly-for-C-Programmers
- This practical guide will take you beyond the simple Hello World stage and you'll soon get up and running with WebAssembly by solving a real-world problem
- Start off with the basics and rapidly move on to more advanced topics
- Includes hands-on, practical examples to guide you through the interplay between C++ and WebAssembly and tips and tricks to optimize your application's performance