Discover how to build native iOS apps. This course covers the code, tools, frameworks, and practices for building applications with iOS 11. Instructor Todd Perkins explains how to install Xcode and the iOS SDK, create an Xcode project, and run your first app. He also familiarizes you with core development concepts, including how to work with storyboards, change a label with code, handle a button press, and troubleshoot UI-to-code connections. Plus, he walks through how to plan out and code a simple app.Topics include:
- Installing Xcode and the iOS SDK
- Creating an Xcode project
- Running your first app
- Basic layouts with storyboards
- Dismissing the keyboard with delegation
- Making UI-to-code connections
- Coding your app
- [Todd] Hi, I'm Todd Perkins. Welcome to this course on developing your first app for iOS 11. This course is meant for those who are new to iOS development, or even development in general. In this course, we'll start with the basics of Xcode, where to find and download it, setting up your preferences, navigating the user interface, and using the iOS simulator. From there we'll look at the essentials of designing an app, creating a simple user interface, and connecting those elements to code.
When it comes to code, we're going to keep it pretty simple. I'm going to keep my descriptions concise, and if you want more information, I'll tell you where to go to find it. Finally, we'll wrap up by using what we discuss in the course to build a simple iOS app. So let's jump right in.