Learn step-by-step how to create a functional WordPress website from scratch with minimal investment
What you'll learn
- Why Wordpress is a suitable choice to build a functional, beautiful and responsive website
- Why you should plan before you start creating a Wordpress website
- Different elements of planning your Wordpress website - Purpose, Landscape, Aesthetics, and Navigation
- How to install the Divi theme
- Using different modules of the Divi theme to build pages of your Wordpress website
- Difference between .org and .com
- What a domain and domain name system is
- How to buy a domain for your WordPress website
- Difference between a Wordpress hosting and a server
- Set up server and hosting environments in the most economical and secure way
- How to install Wordpress on a web host
- Navigating the Wordpress dashboard
- Different Wordpress post and page editors available
- How to create Wordpress posts and pages
- When to use posts and when to use pages while creating your Wordpress website
- How to correctly use post categories and tags, and understand why these can cause you problems at the search engines if used incorrectly
- How to use the Appearance menu option to customize your Wordpress website’s layout and pages
- How to increase the functionality of your Wordpress website with plugins
- Installing Wordpress plugins to enhance the security of your Wordpress website
- How to configure various settings at the site level
- How to create custom menus and navigation systems that both visitors and search engines will find useful
- How to make your website responsive that looks good on any browser
- How to create various kinds of commercial websites, using WordPress, to sell to clients
- Master the inner workings of WordPress, for fixing, troubleshooting, and building websites
- Importance of regularly backing up your Wordpress website and how to do the same
- A working computer, either Windows, Mac or Linux.
- A modern browser like Chrome, or Firefox.
- Good Internet Connection.
- Debit card, credit card or any other payment method.
- No prior knowledge required as everything will be covered in this course.
Did you know that in 2019, there were more than 4 billion internet users?
There are 1.92 billion people who prefer shopping online.
At the same time, 81% of the internet population prefers checking out the website before making a purchase from the physical store.
This means that regardless of whether you wish to sell your services online or favor a brick and mortar store, having a website is essential.
Creating a website is one of the first steps to taking your business digital and expanding it.
But a custom-coded website requires not just time and money but also a knowledge of programming. You could hire someone to build an HTML website for you which again would mean more money.
The alternative is Wordpress - a Content Management System that allows you to create any kind of website.
Wordpress is the most popular and in-demand Content Management System across the globe owing to the ease it provides in creating a website.
Why Wordpress is the ideal choice for you.
According to a study by Payscale, an average Wordpress web developer can earn anywhere between $500 to $40,000. 25% of Wordpress users make a full-time living off of the platform. Wordpress is definitely for you if:
You have a business that you want to take online without spending lots of money;
You want to create a portfolio website for yourself;
You want to build an e-commerce website;
You’re looking to start a career as Wordpress developer; or
You want to create a personal blog.
Why this course is for you.
This Wordpress tutorial is tailored to help you learn how to create a website that is unique, professional-looking, and responsive. Whether you’re a fitness blogger, a mompreneur or a small exporter, this Wordpress tutorial will assist you in creating a launch-ready Wordpress website.
With IIDE’s comprehensive Wordpress tutorial you will learn everything from website planning, hosting, domains and server management and picking themes suitable for your Wordpress website to troubleshooting and optimizing your Wordpress website for higher search engines visibility.
Section 1: Planning Your Wordpress Website
Introduction to Wordpress web development
Importance of planning your Wordpress website
Various aspects of your Wordpress website that require planning
Section 2: Introduction to WordPress Website Creation
Choosing between .com and .org
Things required to create a WordPress website
How to install WordPress on a web host
Section 3: Getting Started with WordPress Website
Overview of the Wordpress dashboard
Choosing between the WYSIWYG Classic Editor v/s Gutenberg Editor
Exploring Wordpress dashboard settings in-depth
How to customize your Wordpress website
Section 4: Tools and Settings available on the WordPress dashboard
How to configure settings for your own Wordpress website
Discover additional Wordpress tools that assist in the maintenance
Section 5: Work Along & Build your own WordPress Website
Learn how to use the Divi theme and the Divi builder
Set up essential pages of your Wordpress website using Divi modules
Understand how to structure your Wordpress website’s navigation
Section 6: Add-ons & WordPress Website Security
Learn why & how to get an SSL certificate for your Wordpress website
Discover how to make your Wordpress website more secure using plugins
Understand the importance of regularly backing up your Wordpress website
Section 7: Managing & Marketing Your Wordpress Website
Discover why & how to optimize your Wordpress website for search engines
Pick up tips on how to maintain your Wordpress website once it’s live
Understand how Google Analytics, Google Search Console & Facebook Pixel play an important role
And of course, IIDE’s trademark bonus lectures to ensure your learning continues.
This course follows a ‘learn by doing’ approach. This means that will be building your website alongside the trainer while learning everything about Wordpress. By the end of this course, you should have a ready-to-launch website.
You will also get:
Lifetime access to future updates and tips
Fast and Friendly Support for any Search Engine Marketing queries in the Q&A section
A 30 day "no questions asked" money-back guarantee
Udemy's Certification of Completion*
Be sure to have a notepad ready to take down all the tips and advice shared by our industry-expert Huzaifa Dhapai. Your notes will help you tremendously in the process of creating stunning Wordpress websites for yourself and/or for others.
About the Trainer:
Huzaifa Dhapai is an experienced founder with a demonstrated history of working in the internet industry. Being a passionate tech-blogger, Huzaifa has successfully launched his own brand DroidRax. Additionally, he has been instrumental in the creation of multiple affiliate marketing websites. Huzaifa’s expertise in Wordpress website building, Blogging and Search Engine Optimization combined with his ability to simplify even the most complicated subjects make him the ideal trainer to learn Wordpress website creation from.
Other resources to help you ace digital marketing:
SEO Training for Beginners: Complete SEO Guide by IIDE
The Ultimate Facebook Ad and Facebook Marketing Guide 2020
Ad Design: Ultimate Guide to Influence Consumer Behavior
Digital Copywriting & Content Creation Guide
Complete Guide to Manage & Market Your Online Reputation
Google Ads (Adwords): Run Successful Search Ad Campaign
*Available for paid courses only as per Udemy's revised policies.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone looking to become self-sufficient and/or reduce website development cost
- Students or working professionals looking to get introduced to WordPress
- WordPress beginners who need a deeper understanding of WordPress functions and themes
- Anyone looking to develop SEO friendly Wordpress website
- Bloggers, Business Owners, and Online Marketers
- Anyone looking to create an online portfolio website
- Anyone looking to create an online blog or affiliate marketing website
- Anyone looking to establish their online business\entrepreneurship
- Local business owners looking to expand their brand by establishing an online store