By encouraging smaller, more frequent merges, continuous integration can help make it easier for you and your team to merge feature branches into your main branch. Xcode Server—a service provided by OS X Server—can also play a part in this process. In this course, learn how continuous integration and Xcode Server can help you streamline your development workflow. Learn how to install and set up Xcode Server, create a bot for your project, download build artifacts, and more.Topics include:
- What is continuous integration?
- Setting up Xcode Server
- Creating a bot for your project
- Monitoring your bot
- Using Xcode Server API
- Starting a new integration
- Downloading build artifacts
- [Mark] Your team is starting to grow and you're starting to notice it's taking longer and longer to merge feature branches into your main branch. Continuous integration can help mitigate this problem by encouraging smaller merges more often. Xcode Server can add another layer of safety to help you make merges quick and painless. Hi, my name is Mark Difranco, and I'm a freelance iOS engineer. In this course, we'll take a look at how continuous integration can make your workflow safer. We'll also see how Xcode Server can play a part in this. We'll go over installing it, setting it up, as well as extending its capabilities with third party tools.
Let's get started.